Get your home ready for Halloween with some suitably themed Halloween bunting!
Made from felts sheets and a few core craft components that you may find you already have in the craft stash, this is a project that’s kind to the bank balance.
If you didn’t want to do characters, you could cut a greeting from the felt sheets or do a mixture of both!
You Will Need
Selection of felt sheets – I used lime green, black, green, white, skin tone, baby pink and yellow gold
White pipe cleaners
Black felt tip pen
How to Make
To Make the Frankenstein
1. Start by cutting a triangle from dark green felt measuring 18 centimetres in height and 20 centimetres in width.
2. From black felt cut the following components using the image below as a guide –
Two bolt shapes
Two squares for the pupils
One long thin rectangle for the mouth
One scar shape
3. From white felt cut two squares that are roughly 5 millimetres larger on each side than the two black squares you cut for the pupils.
4. Position all of your pieces onto the green triangle base using the below image as a guide. Once happy with the positioning use fabric glue to secure everything in place, and then leave to dry.
To Make the Googly Eyed Monster
1. Start by cutting a triangle from lime green felt measuring 18 centimetres in height and 20 centimetres in width.
2. Secure a random assortment of googly eyes to the lime green felt base using fabric glue.
3. Once dry draw on a mouth using a black felt tip pen.
To Make the Cat
1. Start by cutting a triangle from black felt measuring 18 centimetres in height and 20 centimetres in width.
2. Cut two smaller triangles from the black felt, these will form the cat’s ears. Then cut two slightly smaller triangles from light pink felt, use fabric glue to secure these on top of the black felt triangles.
3. Secure the ears to the top of the triangle cut out in step one, using the image below as a guide.
4. Whilst the ears are drying cut another triangle from the light pink felt, this will be the cat’s nose.
5. Secure the nose and a pair of googly eyes onto the large black felt triangle.
6. Take two white pipe cleaners, these will be the cat’s whiskers, and fold them in half, twist both of the looped ends to secure them together. Repeat this process with another two white pipe cleaners. Secure the ‘whiskers’ using a blob of fabric glue and hold in place for a minute or so.
7. Once completely dry, snip the whiskers to your desired length with a sharp pair of scissors.
To Make the Polka Dot Monster
1. Start by cutting a triangle from purple felt measuring 18 centimetres in height and 20 centimetres in width.
2. Cut a random assortment of circular shapes from two different colours of felt, stick these to the purple triangle cut out in step one. Leave to dry.
3. Secure two googly eyes, and then cut an ovular shape from black felt to make the monster’s mouth. Secure both in place with fabric glue.
To Make the Mummy
1. Start by cutting a triangle from white felt measuring 18 centimetres in height and 20 centimetres in width.
2. Cut 2.5 centimetre wide strips of felt from the white and cream felt sheets.
3. Place these lengthways across the white triangle cut out in step one, secure in place with fabric glue.
4. Once dry, turn the triangle piece over so that the front is face down, cut away any excess felt, using the triangle base cut in step one as a guide.
5. Secure two googly eyes, nestling them slightly underneath one of the felt strips.
1. Lay all of your bunting pieces out in the order in which you want them to feature.
2. Once happy with the order turn the bunting triangles over so that they’re face down. Using fabric glue (or I used a hot glue gun for speed) secure the jute ribbon making sure that the triangles are evenly spaced along the length of the ribbon. Leave to dry.